K. David Harrison’s presentation at the AAAS last Friday in Vancouver publicly unveiled our 8 talking dictionaries projects. We have received a lot of amazing press coverage over the last few days! And more to come this week. Here are some useful links for you:
- The Talking Dictionaries can all be viewed on the Enduring Voices Website and also on the Talking Dictionary Portal
Here are some of the recent international articles where the Talking Dictionaries, the Enduring Voices Project and the Living Tongues Institute are mentioned.
- Winnipeg Free Press: Newly unveiled talking dictionaries aim to document, preserve endangered languages
- BBC UK: Digital tools ‘to save languages’
- MSNBC: ‘Talking dictionaries’ document endangered languages
- Huffington Post: Native American Languages Siletz Dee-Ni, Ashininaabemowin Facing ‘Extinction’
- Publico.es (Spain): 32.000 palabras rescatadas antes de esfumarse de la Tierra
- K. David Harrison’s article on Huffington Post: Celebrating Language Warriors
- Radio Holanda Internacional “Ciencias”: Cada 14 dias desaparece una lengua
- The Chronicle: Researchers Develop Digital Tools to Save Endangered Languages
- Irish Times: Technology key in rush to save dying languages
- France Culture: Préserver sur internet les languages menacées
And more articles and related links are listed on our Living Tongues Facebook Page.
Thanks for reading!